- 14 cups freshly popped popcorn (made from about 1/2 cup popcorn kernels and 2 tablespoons canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups salted roasted cashews
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick), plus additional for greasing
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Preheat oven to 250F. Lightly butter a large baking sheet; spread popcorn and cashews on sheet. Keep warm in oven.
- Mix butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a small saucepan; stir frequently until simmering and sugar dissolves. Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan and continue cooking undisturbed until temperature reaches 248F (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. The mixture will roil vigorously; continue stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle sugar mixture evenly over popcorn and cashews; toss well with flat metal spatula or spoon.
- Bake 45 minutes, tossing every 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet, then store in a covered container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: